- They love the feel of being on the back of the bike doing something that that their parents would never approve of.
- They love to talk - and I have had some amazing discussions (all in confidence and which I would never repeat - and always on the understanding that I had no interest in taking anything beyond the end of the ride...).
- Being seen is paramount. The attention and looks people give them is important in their enjoyment of the Harley Ride.
- Strangely, they don't go for the best looking bike - they go for the one that looks like it will be the most comfortable for them.
- Whenever I take a couple of girls out in a sidecar on a Hens Night ride, they want to wave at everyone. Its the attention thing.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Being a Harley Rides operator has helped me to understand human nature, and in particular it has given me an insight into the "female mind".
The reality struck me during a telephone conversation with a female customer, who wanted to organise a Harley Ride as a Valentine's Day gift for her boyfriend. She was interested in what she described as a "chopper style" Harley Davidson. She wanted something with a "look". It was at this point that I began to realise the difference between men and women.
Women want to be seen. They are fashion oriented. As one girl said to me a few years ago, "I really am not interested in being the rider, but I do enjoy sitting on the back of a Harley at a 'fashion accessory'."
From the conversation which I have had with the thousands of women (of all ages) over the last ten years I have learned the following:
One the other side of the coin, men differ. They are more interested in the size of the bike - its engine and the technical aspects, performance etc.
In the end, men and women are very different.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Large corporate activities are things that we often get involved in. This month we were called upon by Big Stick Adventures to be part of an activity which invovled a Corprate Incentive Reward activity, the theme for the day which was a "movie experience". The day involved filming us and other forms of transport chasing a "bad guy" around Melbourne with the corporates who captured the bad guy in the end. Prior to the day some pre filming was done, so that when the final product was edited at the end of the day it looked like a genuine "action movie". Things you can do on a Harley Ride - the options are endless.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Here is another Animoto video clip where I have put together another sequence of photo's taken from many of the various jobs that we have completed for Corporate Groups, Birthday rides for mothers and even a wedding - I'm having a lot of fun with Animoto.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Here is video compilation of photos that I have taken around my home town here in Melbourne. Photography is my other "passion" after motorcycles. As you will see by viewing this this animoto video clip, Melbourne is a very beautiful city which we can share with you when you come on a Harley Ride with us.